We would like to share with you some things that God wants you to know.
1. God wants you to know that He is real. The Bible tells us God … made the world and all things therein (Acts 17:24). And the God Who made you said, Ye must be born again (Jn 3:3), and God has recorded how.
2. You must realize that you are a sinner. There is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not (Eccl 7:20).
3. Because you are a sinner, there must be a payment made for that sin, and the payment for your sin is eternal death. God declares For the wages of sin is death (Rom 6:23)
4. God loves you, and provided a Substitute payment for your sin. In God‘s love for you, he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life (Jn 3:16).
5. That Son is Jesus Christ, and God placed your sin upon Him that you might be saved, “… He (God) hath made Him (Jesus) to be sin for us… that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him” (II Cor 5:21).
6. That salvation is a free gift, it cannot be earned. Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us (Titus 3:5).
7. Salvation is a gift which must be accepted. Someone could give you an inheritance, but if you do not accept it, you do not have it. The free gift of salvation is accepted by calling upon the Name of the Lord and asking Him to save you. Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved (Rom 10:13). Salvation is not based in any organization, church, or charity, it is based upon your acceptance of Christ as your payment for your sin.
8. With salvation, there is also assurance. God does not lie, and He has promised that you can know that you are going to heaven. Assurance is not based upon your feelings or your circumstances; it is based upon the promises of God. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life (I Jn 5:13).
9. Trusting in Christ for salvation demands a change of life. If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new (II Cor 5:17). This salvation can be yours if you will accept it. We would urge you to accept God’s free gift for you today! You can pray, telling God that you know you are a sinner and you understand that you cannot pay for your sin. Ask Him to save you, and He will!